Sluggish today. Real, real sluggish despite getting enough sleep.
In fact, the sluggishness started this morning (way, way early) as I was supposed to go on a morning walk-xercise but when my alarm went off at 5am, my body felt stiff and there was a noticeable pain from my back, from my sides and both my legs were wobbly.
I thought I just needed breakfast which consisted of a breakfast sandwich and fries from the Golden Arches. But even after breakfast, I still wasn't feeling any better. Even coffee didn't help and I'm now sipping my second tall mug for the day and my body still feels non-responsive.
I'm guessing I'm just dead-bone tired. That's all.
Tired from the daily grind and I have yet to really recover from last week's episode with Ikai in the hospital.
The first night at the ER -- Friday -- was the real killer whereby with no room available, we had to spend the entire night in the Emergency Room. Ikai and Elvie shared the bed while I had to make do with 5-10 minutes naps in sitting position in different places. When it got too cold in the ER's pulmo station (that's where we were situated the entire time), I moved to the waiting areas just outside of the ER's main doors. When the mosquitoes started biting, I moved back inside the ER. The longest sleep spell I had was a 15 minuter in the then vacant ultrasound waiting area. The rest of nights in the hospital were better but not by much. I had to sleep on the long john which offered not much comfort. And then, there was the periodic (as in once every hour) visitations by nurses, nursing students and doctors to check on my daughter's condition which incidentally also woke me up (at least several times but for sure by the time the clock struck 3am, I was snoring uproariously and quite oblivious of what was going on).
This week started with three days of half-days as I needed to stay in the hospital in the mornings and ran errands hitherto. The real rest only came Wednesday night when we were back home and finally got to sleep on our bed.
This weekend, no idea if I'll be able to rest as there's an ongoing company event that I'm still two minds of making my presence felt.
Kapagod.