Friday, October 24, 2008

wishful thinking

A recent featured article on Yahoo on jobs with great perks lists "Marketing Manager" as one such job. While the entry on the marketing manager does speak the truth about such individuals receiving "in kind" (free tickets to movies, gifts on your birthday, dinner or lunch-outs, etc.), the thing that caught my attention was that it noted that the median annual salary for marketing managers was a whopping US$104,400. Since the figure quoted was median, the annual salary range could be higher than that.

Quickly opening spreadsheet and doing the math of 104,400 x 47 (the prevailing peso exchange rate) -- egad! That translates to freakin' Php 4,906,800 a year!!! That's a far cry from what I currently receive!!!

And then I remember, this figure was for American marketing managers and not locals like moi ... wala lang. Imagine if I was to receive such an amount per year then there's no need to really look beyond the shores of the P.I. for greener pastures.

Wishful thinking nga lang. Good day, folks.
Related Posts with Thumbnails