Looks like I’ve contracted some form of throat irritation and I suspect it’s viral.
It didn’t help that the house in Laguna was in good need of dusting (and cleaning) as it was a bother to actually sleep. It felt as though there was a baseball (with its threads in tassles, mind you) inside my throat. It was a pain to swallow and I always felt the urge to gurgle and spit out something.
It didn’t help that I had to travel and thus got exposed to pollution and that if my immune system was 100% working I wouldn’t be bothered by this.
Since Saturday, I’ve been dosing myself with Strepsil lozenges. Problem now is I don’t know the actual sugar content of these lozenges and my check-up on Friday will be jeopardized if I find out later on that I’m actually taking throat meds that are also in effect giving me a sugar rush!
There’s no nutrition fact on the packaging, only a formulation. Hayy …
In other news, an early morning weigh-in at Mercury Drugstore has placed me at an even 200 pounds – still ok and actually heartening. The past three weeks have not been good in terms of dieting because of a week-long company event plus additional workloads that have utterly devastated my eating schedule, not to mention my diet.
I’ve also not exercised as I should have mainly because I kept an erratic schedule these past weeks because of work. Plus, reunion with friends, a lack of time to do the marketing (pamamalengke), an early Father’s Day celebration, and a weekend at my parents has obliged me to eat more than what I’m supposed to in a day. I’m sure my dietician won’t be pleased.
So, to find out that I’m at 200 pounds is still ok. With about 2 days left to diet, I hope to lose a couple of more pounds, just in time to pass my doc’s expectations on Friday.