Thursday, June 12, 2008

starbucked on cafe mocha

With the D thoroughly affecting me gastronomically (thereby devolving me to no more than a mere salivating onlooker when I pass by food stands and kiosks aheap with bounties like cakes, pastries, ice creams, and fruit shakes), I find sojourn comfort in being able to, every now and then, celebrate a cup of Starbucks cafe mocha.

That's the only food item that I indulge with in my current state. If budget permits, the past few weeks have seen me walking helplessly mesmerized to the SB branch on RCBC's third floor and mindlessly queue up and when my turn comes, zombie-like utter "Tall, cafe mocha ..." to the mind-controlling barista/cashier behind the counter.

The reason for cafe mocha is simply because it's not so bitter nor not so sweet. I take it with no additional sugar or sweetener, just so I stay on the safe side of the D.

There are three other coffee options within RCBC aside from Starbucks -- newly-opened Gloria Jeans, the Java Man on the 4th floor of the podium, and Delifrance also offers gourmet coffee -- but it's with the SB cafe mocha that has taken my fancy.

Totally Starbucked!

Starbucks Logo courtesy of Brands of the World

Related Posts with Thumbnails