I rarely post on a Sunday.
It's just that Mr. Sandman hasn't gotten around to dusting me with sleep-powder so I'm still quite up and about (well, I am seated though as I write, so not really up, literally). I think at this time of 9:38pm, almost the entire household is already sleeping except for yours truly. But I expect to hit the sack in a bit and probably just read off a few pages or continue the farming game on the PSP until I get sleepy. It is a Monday tomorrow and the start of another work week at the Desk.
Quiet weekend although we had to deal with Issa getting feverish starting last Friday and well into yesterday.
Issa's fever went a bit on the high notch -- 39-ish -- so at 3:30AM, we got her to the ER of Makati Med for precautionary measures. Except for a slight inflammation of the throat and the high temps, the docs couldn't find any other problems so we were sent home. Even the UTI check was negative. However, should Issa's fever continue well into Sunday afternoon, we were to bring her back so a CBC could be done. Thankfully, her fever subsided and up until the 2PM deadline, Issa's fever didn't recur.
* * * *
Incredible! This is just my first post for the month of February. Geesh, where did all of January go? It just zipped by it seems.
* * * *
In my last post, I mentioned that the family went up north for a weekend getaway in Zambales.
After an overnight at the Capones Beach Resort, we went to Subic and ended up at Treetop Adventure where I found myself with no choice but to be subject to heights.
That's me with my sister, Wheng, as we took the Canopy Ride. After managing the always-going-up hanging bridges, I had to endure minutes-long trips from treetop to treetop on-board these hanging seats (like the Flying Fiesta ride at Enchanted Kingdom except these seats went slooooowwww). I normally don't have fear of heights but being suspended over a couple of hundred feet of nothing but air (and for a big boy like myself), it can sure get scary (especially when your inner self goes on a panic streak sending messages to your brain like "what if the cables fail?" or "what if the lines aren't strong enough for my 200+ pound bulk?").
Nevertheless, I managed to finish the Canopy Ride and even got egged on to my first-ever zip-line experience. I'll post the picture just to prove to you I went a-Superman as well at Treetop.
* * * *
Got to catch a couple of episodes of Terra Nova yesterday on the local cable. Being a sucker for sci-fi, I immediately looked up Terra Nova on Wikipedia and learned that the premise of this series is that in a dystopian future, Earth is dying because of an environmental collapse. However, a rift in the time space continuum emerges (not the series' exact term, folks) and this allows travel back in time to the age of dinosaurs. Leaders of the future Earth deem this rift as a chance for survival so they start sending groups of people through the portal and this is the story of Terra Nova -- how people from the future learn to use technology in the past.
Interesting! Although the sad part is that there's no guarantee that the series will be back for a second season (1st season had 11 episodes with the first and last episodes each 2-hours long). Apparently, Terra Nova is expensive with an average US$4 million per episode and it's going to be a big commitment from producers and the network if they decide to push through with the series.
Good thing the series has Steven Spielberg as one of its executive producers and with over 250 sets for the series already made in Australia (where the series is shot), it'll indeed be a big decision if and when the plug is pulled for this sci-fi series.
* * * *
There are several TV series that I've yet to complete watching. Notables include Lost, Prison Break, Alias, and even Heroes. For the Lost and Prison Break, my wife and I got hooked to both series when it started airing here in the P.I. We still had no kids then so we had a bit of free time on hand. However, when Ikai was born in 2006, we found ourselves with another more interest distraction that despite having bought the two series, we never really got to find out how both ended.
The last TV series I completed watching (and actually enjoyed it as well) was The 4400, about three years ago. This was also the same time I completed Firefly.
I still hope to find time to watch these great series. And it seems though more and more TV series continue to spring up and sadly, I cannot keep up.
* * * *
It's been slow reading so far. We're already into Month 2 of the year but I still have to get into half-way of A Feast of Crows. I guess after a rather aggressive reading spell during the last few months of 2011, this is the result -- a rather slow start.
* * * *
Good morrow, folks! Have a great week ahead. Time to zzzz.
![]() |
| Series Title image from Wikipedia |
Interesting! Although the sad part is that there's no guarantee that the series will be back for a second season (1st season had 11 episodes with the first and last episodes each 2-hours long). Apparently, Terra Nova is expensive with an average US$4 million per episode and it's going to be a big commitment from producers and the network if they decide to push through with the series.
Good thing the series has Steven Spielberg as one of its executive producers and with over 250 sets for the series already made in Australia (where the series is shot), it'll indeed be a big decision if and when the plug is pulled for this sci-fi series.
* * * *
There are several TV series that I've yet to complete watching. Notables include Lost, Prison Break, Alias, and even Heroes. For the Lost and Prison Break, my wife and I got hooked to both series when it started airing here in the P.I. We still had no kids then so we had a bit of free time on hand. However, when Ikai was born in 2006, we found ourselves with another more interest distraction that despite having bought the two series, we never really got to find out how both ended.
The last TV series I completed watching (and actually enjoyed it as well) was The 4400, about three years ago. This was also the same time I completed Firefly.
I still hope to find time to watch these great series. And it seems though more and more TV series continue to spring up and sadly, I cannot keep up.
* * * *
It's been slow reading so far. We're already into Month 2 of the year but I still have to get into half-way of A Feast of Crows. I guess after a rather aggressive reading spell during the last few months of 2011, this is the result -- a rather slow start.
* * * *
Good morrow, folks! Have a great week ahead. Time to zzzz.
