Thursday, February 18, 2010

thursday tattles: self-sketch, arlan, february birthdays

Egad!!! It's me with my coffee mug and my desk!

I actually sketched this last week and is part of the few Sketch-A-Day sketches I did for Week 2. Week 3 is actually worse than Week 2 as I haven't sketched anything as of yet. However, I did manage to ink this one using a black-inked art pen, took a photo with my trustee Nokia 6680, gray scaled the photo in Photoshop and voila!

* * * *

Sketching and writing have been hampered as work continued to pile on.

Yesterday was field work day as I had to travel to Lucena with my boss to supervise the installation of acrylic poster holders (and posters, of course) by the supplier at our branch there. Today was half-day because I had to go to LTO to get a license.

And the freakest thing about the whole license thingy is that I passed the written exam -- 39 out of 40 items! I know, I know, the whole exam thing is not that hard but try doing the test in Tagalog and let's see if you get a perfect score.

So, by Saturday I will be full-pledged non-pro Filipino driver. And that's one more valid ID for multi-purpose use. Anyone selling an Innova?

* * * *

Sad news today from Komikero -- Arlan Esmeña, architect and artist on Where Bold Stars Go to Die, passed away this morning. He was a good friend of Gerry and his collaboration with Gerry on Bold Stars allowed him to pursue his dream of illustrating a comic book.

Many of us knew Arlan only through Gerry and through their collaboration. He will be remembered not only for Bold Stars but also for the videos that he and Komikero shot and those transforming robots he made out of carton. While we would have wished to have seen a lot more stuff from Arlan, at least he has left us with a legacy in Bold Stars that will forever be mentioned in comic circles for years to come.

Rest well, Arlan!

* * * *

I've made this observation on FB before --- time is flying fast! It's already Friday tomorrow.

* * * *

February is one heck of a month. It's the only month I know when a lot of people I know celebrate their birthday. And thanks to a nifty Facebook app, those who have celebrated, are celebrating, and will be celebrating their birthday include:

1 - my beloved Mother, mi Mama, akon nanay celebrates hers
5 - Fritz Haresco
6 - Ging Valencia
8 - Ella Simon-Sarzosa
9 - Badette Cual
11 - Jo Benasa, Rhoda Ninofranco, cousin Reggie
13 - Emmylou, Rechei
14 - Angelo T., Jing G.
15 - Sheena Roxas
16 - Gem Lopez-de Ramos
17 - Ray Samson
18 - TODAY'S CELEBRANTS - Francis O, Francis U, and Rea
20 - Kaye Liangco-Plata
21 - Monique de Jesus
23 - Joel Conato
24 - Moi, Yours Truly, Joyz Serrano, and Irene Tuazon
25 - Alex Regaspi, Joe Pimentel-League, Bryan B.
26 - my sister Wheng
27 - my other sister Rochelle
28 - Che Ayuste

Happy Birthday February People!
Related Posts with Thumbnails