I'm taking a mini-vacation of sorts this Christmas.
Tomorrow, my wife and my daughter and I will take the first bus to Laguna from the Landmark terminal and embark on a 25-kilometer journey to San Pedro to spend Christmas with my parents and my sister.
My sister leaves for Dubai to resume work on the 26th so it was decided early on that Christmas would be in Laguna.
* * * *
I missed out on the MegaSportsWorld christmas party because I got stuck in the head office waiting for the December issue of the MegaSportsWorld newsletter to get finished.
Unfortunately, the production of the online newsletter coincided with lots of other workload and thus our web designers weren't able to devote their full time to it (other projects had more priority than this little number).
So, I missed out on lechon which was, according to Wing "full-size". Sigh. My apologies to the MSW people for the indian-affair this time around. I know I missed out on you as well last month during the Pacquiao-Morales bout and I do feel guilty, mind you.
* * * *
To break the monotony of work this afternoon, I helped our new Korean guy, Edward, remember a street in downtown Manila. I was busy doing calculations I think on a weekly report when he just tapped my shoulder and asked if I knew what street that was in Chinatown that sold camera brands, parts and accessories.
Eager to help, I blurted out the popular streets in Chinatown and in the surrounding vicinity -- Ongpin, Paredes, Escolta, Quezon Boulevard, CM Recto, even Cartimar. But the Korean just said no.
So, we proceeded to research on the Net but unfortunately, the only Manila maps we saw didn't list the name of that small street near Quiapo church (which wasn't even near Chinatown but according to my Korean officemate, he always referred to that area as Chinatown).
That's when I remembered that the DPC Yellow Pages had maps in them. I got a copy from our receptionist and showed it to the Korean.
We found out the name of that little street in Manila that had camera shops in it selling cameras, parts and accessories -- R. Hidalgo.
* * * *
Since I'll be in Laguna for several days, I decided to send my Neopet Yurble, DRoyo, on a vacation as well.
He'll be staying at D Olde Cabin Hotel (a pirate-themed hotel in Neopia) for 6 days where he'll be pampered and be free to exploit the restaurant, the burger bar, the swimming pool and another facility.
Total bill is 360NP.
* * * *
Merry Christmas everyone!