Monday, August 07, 2006

The Subscriber Cannot Be Reached!

This morning, en route to the office, I lost my mobile phone.

I probably lost it during the mad scramble to secure a spot in the jeepney at the Buendia terminal and I didn’t realize that I had lost it until I was about to get off at the RCBC Plaza building some 20 minutes later.

Using my limited CSI-skills, here’s an analysis of what I think happened that resulted to my cellphone’s demise, este … loss:

• Disembarking from the MRT, I patted my pant’s right front pocket to make sure that my cellphone was secure and cozy;

• I went down the dead escalator to the street level and crossed the street to get to the jeepney terminal;

• There were not a lot of jeepneys left that 9:30+ in the terminal, resulting to passengers (like myself) rushing towards the remaining units;

• Along with other passengers, we made a mad scramble for the jeepney’s narrow entrance – jostling, grabbing hold of the jeepney’s rails and bars;

• In the midst of the chaos, I believe my cellphone strap (I use a long cellphone strap fastened to my pant’s sintureras to make it anti-theft) caught hold of someone or something which pried it lose from within my pocket;

• In that split second, the strap got loose and my cellphone fell somewhere without me noticing it;


• My cellphone is gone for good

Upon reaching the office, I called my wife and asked her to call my phone. She did that but no one answered. That confirmed it. My cellphone is gone. It’s either being sold already to a new owner or will find its way to a pawnshop for a measly thousand or a few hundred pesos.

I mourn my cellphone’s loss not because of the unit but more because of the sim card. I have several years worth of information on that sim card and I wouldn’t mind losing the unit just as long as the sim is returned. But alas, that is nothing now but a far-fetched wish.

So, folks, for the meantime, “the subscriber cannot be reached.”
Related Posts with Thumbnails