Thursday, July 27, 2006

Woe is the Weather

The weather the past few days have been, well, unpredictable.

Just about every Filipino blog I’ve visited the past few days had something to say about the rainy weather we’re having. The sun did make a brief appearance yesterday afternoon just when I decided to take a stroll across Ayala Avenue to People Support Center for lunch. Great timing.

Anyway, I did had a couple of bouts with the stormier weather earlier in the week. Last Monday, I had to go to the office in slippers. The incessant rain made it virtually impossible to keep your leather shoes (and socks, of course) from getting soaked. I did manage to change to shoes once I got inside a taxi, toweling my feet dry first, of course.

Tuesday was worst though. I went to our other office at Pan Pacific Hotel in Malate, Manila for a meeting and there was no problem getting there. However, it rained pretty hard late in the afternoon that once again Taft Avenue mimicked Venice. I received news that water was knee-deep in Taft – the one place I had to take to get home. I patiently waited until the rain slackened to a drizzle and decided it was high-time I get going – thinking that the flood at Taft Avenue has subsided. I was right. The flood did subside somewhat. It was no longer knee-deep … only ankle-deep.

My shoes and socks had a great time swimming thereafter.
Related Posts with Thumbnails