Friday, October 19, 2012

new books ... yet again

I wasn't meaning to buy anything when I went to Fully Booked - Greenbelt over lunch earlier today but heading over to the Sci-Fi & Fantasy section, I was stunned / flabbergasted / amazed / surprised / floored when I saw a copy of Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings Part 2, the second book in his Stormlight Archive Book One.

I knew I just had to get it and luckily enough, I still had the Fully Booked Gift Certificate that my wife gave me last December. I've been saving it up for one of these days and with the way I drooled over the book it was obvious that that day had finally arrived.

The Way of Kings is the second book in his planned 10-book series and it's another series that I'll be looking forward to reading and collecting in the next several years. The funny thing is I can't seem to find information about this book from just about anywhere on the web including from Sanderson's own site. Even Gollancz and Orion Books don't list it yet. But it's obviously a Gollancz edition and I'll get the details of the book once I free it from its plastic cover.

And because the book was retailed for Php 349 and the Fully Booked GC was worth Php 500, it meant buying another book lest I forfeit the Php 151 value left on the card. So, another 20 minutes or so of looking around and I got myself a copy of Carlos Ruiz Zafon's The Shadow of the Wind for Php 299 -- adding Php 148 in the process. The Shadow of the Wind has been on my book-prowl list for a couple of months now after reading some great praises for the book written by the Spanish Zafon. For this edition to retail at Php 299 was a great bonus indeed!

These two books join a growing pile to To-Be-Read (TBR) books including recent acquisitions Skyworld 1 and 2 (graphic novels) and Wild Aces 1.
Related Posts with Thumbnails