Looks like I won't be able to submit my spec-fic entry this Friday.
Rather than churn out a half-baked something, I'll just patiently work on it and hopefully submit it the next time another call for submission comes along (of course, if the story fits the theme). Probably save it for the next volume of PSF.
I'm pretty much caught up with other stuff to do and I can't devote attention, energy, and time to the task of writing down the piece I've been working on. The whole story's pretty much done -- in my head. The prob is getting it keyed in onto the screen the way it should be. Of course, after writing it, editing and rewriting still have to be done on it and at this point, there's not much time left.
So, good luck to all who've managed to submit their stories. Looking forward to reading the next volume of Philippine Speculative Fiction edited by the husband-and-wife team of Alex and Kate Osias.
* * * *
With Makati pretty much without juice yesterday, I got news updates mostly from my phone courtesy of the free social stream service offered via SmartNet.
Thus, I had to restrain my daughter from playing Kids Doodle as what I've noticed is that using Android Apps on the Smart Netphone 701 tended to make the battery life shorter. A few minutes (some 15 minutes approximately) of Ninjump on a newly-recharged ate up 25% of the juice. Kids Doodle, which Ikai loves, eats up around 40% easily in a span of half an hour.
Is this for real? Or do I have to charge my phone some 8 hours straight to have it maximized?
* * * *
I'm now on 48 of 52 :P
* * * *
Yesterday was my wife's birthday.
And despite the howling storm that was Pedring, and of course, there was no electricity for a better part of the day, we had fun on Elvie's special day.
The fare was simple. We had red-sauced spaghetti with hotdog (requested by Ikai), fried chicken and fried fish fillet, and buco salad. Unfortunately, we had to gobble up the buco salad right away lest it spoil. Later on, a chiffon cake arrived, baked by my sis-in-law who operates a bakeshop near San Joaquin - Pasig. Did not see it but apparently Ikai persuaded her Mama to blow a candle on top of the chiffon cake before anyone managed to eat a morsel :)
Simple family fun :)