Wednesday, September 14, 2011

wednesday warbles: new CHC template, infinite crisis when reading comics, field trip this saturday

Surprised?
 
After, I think, five years of using the Dilectio as the backdrop for this here ole blog, I decided to do a facelift. And rather than download a template from somewhere, I decided to just use Blogger's internal Template Designer.
 
The new look ain't final yet. I might still be adjusting the colors a bit and probably come up with my own header but for the meantime the overall design will stay. The widgets / gadgets area might change a bit more as I'm still configuring stuff and Google Ads are not yet running as they're supposed to. I might instead run a different ad network altogether.
 
What prompted me to change my blog's template? Essentially it was because it became ridiculously difficult to format the posts that I published. I would spend agonizing minutes trying to adjust spaces in between paragraphs of the post and being no web programmer, that could become annoying. The problem regarding formatting arose, I'm guessing, as Blogger updated itself and aspects of the template I was using became incompatible with the updated platform of Blogger.
 
With the "in-house" template I'm hoping there won't be any formatting issues.
 
* * * *
 
I've just gone through the preludes to Infinite Crisis series and what stands out after reading all these is how comics-reading has become so convoluted with arcs upon arcs and sub-sub-plots behind sub-plots behind plots and storylines over storylines. And this just to get the entire picture of what the heck is happening.
 
No wonder it's becoming increasingly difficult for new readers and audiences to embrace comics-reading. It's become difficult to just jump in and hope to get the drift of the story.
 
Going back to the preludes ...
 
The mini-series prelude to Infinite Crisis that stood out for me was Villains United. Probably because it was fresh, for me at least. Instead of seeing Supes or Bats in the picture, we are instead treated to the super-villains of the DC Universe. And who gets the starring role? Certainly not Lex Luthor (or Alexander Luthor, in this case, hiding under the guise of Lex) but third-tier villains Catman, Deadshot, Cheshire, Scandal, Rag Doll, and a Parademon from Apokolips. I guess it's the underdog mentality working here.
 
* * * *
 
Weather's crazy again. Freakin' hot the entire day before it suddenly clouds over and rains hard just when you're about to go home.
 
* * * *
 
I'm going on a field trip this weekend, literally.
 
It's Ikai's school field trip and we asked her who does she want to be her chaperon on Saturday. She picked me because she said her Mama already accompanied her last year when they went to Avilon Zoo, the PAF Museum, and at the Gonuts Donuts commissary. See her sense of fairness?
 
This weekend, I'll toddling along as Ikai and her classmates take on the Museo ng Katipunan in San Juan, Goldilocks, Tiendisitas, Meralco Museum, and the Science Discovery Center at MOA. Oh, the kids will also get to watch the fireworks display as well.
 
Sure looks to be fun :P Ikai is already imagining the cake she'll be decorating at the Goldilocks commissary. I do hope they have Barney and Barbie on stock as cake decorations.
Related Posts with Thumbnails