Tuesday, September 06, 2011

tuesday tidbits: offline probably the next three days, meet-ups and coffeebreaks

I'll be offline starting tomorrow until Friday unless I can get the PSP's wireless connection to work. So far, it is able to detect wi-fi but I haven't really succeeded in connecting to one yet. I need to find a wi-fi spot that is public or free and try to connect from there. Otherwise, I'll have to hit the internet shops of Iloilo and Roxas in the next 3 days to get connected especially since I'm following up some print ad materials from suppliers.
 
* * * *
 
Will hopefully meet up with Brian in Iloilo tomorrow evening.
 
Funny this is, I texted him a while ago to tell him I'll be in his hometown tomorrow. He replied he's in Manila today! But he'll be taking the 6pm flight back to Iloilo tomorrow so we could still meet up and get together for coffee. It's great to talk with old pals when you're not inebriated.
 
It's been a while since I've seen Bri, the last time was about three years ago at the wake and funeral of our barkada and kumpare, Mike. It'll be good to see my old friend again who has chosen to settle down in Iloilo.
 
Now, what's a great coffee shop in Iloilo City?
 
* * * *
 
Despite the thin-ness of the book, I haven't gotten to finishing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yet. I'm on the homestretch and hopefully I'll be able to finish it off tonight and come tomorrow, I can finally get down to reading A Game of Thrones.
 
* * * *
 
Hmm, interesting ...
 
A quick web search on "iloilo city coffeeshops" turns up several interesting prospects -- Coffeebreak, Bluejay Coffee and Deli, Daily Buns, Carlo's Bakery Cafe, and Dulgies Desserts and Cafe. No doubt there's a Starbucks there or even a Bo's (there is definitely a Kopi Roti branch in the city) but I'll try and sample at least a couple of the local cafes even if I am staying in the city for just one night.
 
I'm sure to be back in Iloilo either later this year or early next for business so I'll get to sample the other coffeeshops on a later date.
 
* * * *
 
Interesting week, folks! Talk to you soon.
Related Posts with Thumbnails