That's because I now am officially joining the bandwagon of new GRRM fanatics with my purchase of A Game of Thrones, the first novel of the series.
After reading raves and praises for the series, and after reading the short novel "The Hedge Knight", I was convinced that GRRM's books will be worth diving into.
Thanks to National Bookstore's ongoing Cut-Price Booksale (which runs until the 21st of this month), I scored the mass market paperback edition (the blue one with the sword and not the Sean Bean version) for only Php 252 about an hour ago.
Now, if the pockets become deep enough before Sunday, I will try and purchase at least the next two books at the same rate of Php 252 apiece. NBS-Greenbelt still had several copies of the next three books in the series, namely A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, and A Feast of Crows. I've only seen hardcover editions of A Dance with Dragons so far but that can wait as I still have to go through the first four novels before I ever get to ADWD.
* * * *
A quick check with my book purchases tells me that I've spent a mere Php 729 pesos from NBS' ongoing Cut-Price Booksale. I'm sure other bibliophiles' purchases have gone over the thousands. My wife will still be able to fathom my obsession with sci-fi and fantasy books :)