My brain refuses to work.
I keep getting blanks (akin to writer's block) every few minutes while in the midst of thinking. One minute I am thinking of doing something, the next minute my mind completely goes blank. Like the brain cells refuse to be budged at all into activity.
That's what you get when you reluctantly go back to the Desk after a three-day break in which your brain didn't have to do anything complicated like thinking, analyzing, or speculating.
This is going to be a long day, folks.
* * * *
My brain did get some activity as I managed to spend some time playing the next episode on Zeus: Master of Olympus.
This time around, I'm playing The Peloponessian War wherein I take on the role of the City of Sparta and build up my economic and military might. I'm now on the second chapter and I've just subjugated the cities of Olympia and Delos. Now, I'm in the midst of building up my financial warchest for the next chapter which, according to the walkthrough, will be quite challenging given the limited resources that'll be available (in Zeus, the amount of money you start off a chapter depends on how much you had left from the last chapter). So, in preparation, I'm building up my coffers to a respectable 50K before I plunge in. My money is now somewhere 40K so while waiting for it to fill to 50K, I'm building up my workforce and my army.
This game will pre-occupy me for the next several weeks or so as there's a Poseidon expansion waiting plus downloadable adventures from the 'net.
* * * *
One chore I didn't get to do last long weekend was to fix the bookshelf.
While the bookshelf isn't really in a state of disarray, I need to reorganize it one of these days because a lot of books I haven't read yet are hidden, clamped, with the other older books. What the reorganization will do will be to bring out these to-be-read (TBR) books out up front where I can easily see them and pick them up whenever I get the fancy. Currently, when I wish to read a TBR book, I need to take out all the books up front to be able to get it (each shelf is about two (pocket)books deep). And since the books also act as a wedge to keep the shelf's wood from warping, it's a bit of effort just to get one read out.
Anyway, that's a task that has to be put on the list one of these days.
* * * *
Time to get the brain cells fried up. Good day, folks!