Wednesday, April 20, 2011

books to bring when aliens invade

While getting dressed for work (and being horribly late), I was running a scenario on my mind about the exodus of people from their native land because of aggressive aliens claiming the land for their own (prompted by a news story I read about last night about China protesting the Philippines' supposed invasion of Chinese sovereignty which is subject to much debate as the Philippines also has valid claims to the Spratlys because of the area being just adjacent to the Philippines itself)).

So, if people only had a few hours to pack their stuff and leave, what books does one bring? Especially, for a bibliophile like myself and a million others, that would be a most difficult decision. Asking myself that question and the current stash of books that I have, I think I've narrowed it down to at least three books that I'll be packing along with clothes and other necessities.

From my book pile, I'll most likely be bringing the following books:
  • Being Direct by Lester Wunderman
  • The Silmarillion by JRR and Christopher Tolkien
  • Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex Ross (ok, it's a graphic novel but IMHO that still counts as a book)
How about you, guys ... what books would you be bringing should apocalypse come?
Related Posts with Thumbnails