I also need to generate static content -- I've already created two pages -- About and Events -- but I don't feel satisfied with what I've written so far. So, I'll work on revising the content tomorrow. Plus, I need to up a page that will detail how advertisers can -- advertise, of course :)
Other elements that were in my previous newsblog such as links, a blog visitor counter, Twitter app and web metrics need to be setup as well. However, for the web metrics, I think Google Analytics would be enough.
I will also have to arrange the blog's domain so that although it's hosted on Blogger, it will still have an honest-to-goodness URL. Now, just need to renew the domain before it expires :)
And, of course, I need to start generating content which will hopefully translate into traffic. That means I will be trying to find time to do the actual posts. It will be difficult to sneak that in during the day-job so that means I need to probably put in a couple of hours work before or after office to make this thing work.
And then, I need to give myself time for this venture to bear fruit. I'm not expecting any income real soon but if I were to base it on experience from my previous venture, I was only online for about three months before an inquiry re advertising came through.
And oh, I just finished tweaking the other business blog of mine as well. So, that means I'll need to promote and push two blogs (to two different industries, at that). Good thing the second one won't need a daily looking-after. Just a plug once or twice a week would be ok for that.
I also did some repairs on this personal blog of mine. After Luz pointed out that she wasn't able to post comment yesterday, I switched the comments feature to pop-up rather than the comment-below-post feature. The latter feature is already fixed thanks to an update done by the creator of the Dilectio template I used but will probably stick to the pop-up-comment-box feature for the meantime. I'll also be adding more bells and whistles to this blog including a top navigation which has been absent since I've switched to this template.
Neat stuff, as my former British expat colleagues used to say.