Saturday, August 16, 2008

the fit

My recent journey on the D path has changed my lifestyle, and in some ways, my fashion and will do more so when I finally hit my endocrinologist's desired weight of about 160 pounds (which about 30 or so pounds away).

The main factor for the D changing my fashion is now I can fit into smaller-sized clothing.

Yes, after so many years being a size 40 (at times 42 counting the bulge) and an XXL or at times XXXL, I now am down to about 37-38 inches and can fit comfortably in XLs which hasn't happened for the longest time. In fact, the last time I recall having fitted a size XL was in 1998, a year after graduating. Since then though, the waist and the tees have expanded until now.

I can now wear shirts I bought years and years ago (like a gray XL I bought in Cebu with the thought of initially slimming down) and this black Jag shirt which was labeled an XXL but actually fitted like an XL. In fact, my repertoire of shirts have expanded somewhat and I'm finding it hard to wear two relatively new Polo shirts I bought sized XXLs which now make me look like a trying hard hip-hop fashionista.

I'm also now having problems with day-to-day office attire as most of my outfits were bought when I was still a big boy (although a couple of expat bosses still refer to me as 'big fella'). My pants are now a problem as I now have to really make sure my belt is tight on or otherwise I may experience an embarrassing moment of being caught with my pants down, literally.

However, I cannot yet a major wardrobe overhaul as I'm still about 30 pounds away from my target weight and that's still going to affect the sizes (unfortunately not the length) of pants and the wideness of my tops.

However, this is just a minor setback. I'm actually looking forward to the day when I begin my overhaul of clothing. Who knows, where once I was just looking for comfort and fit when I shop for clothes (only a few brands carry a XXL or XXXL), now aside from comfort and fit, I may add another criteria for choosing the wardrobe -- style :) Yah, right!


Related Posts with Thumbnails