The planned business where my rig was supposed to go didn't materialize. So, my rig is sitting put at home and I have the necessary task of refitting it with components I've taken out namely the DVD-RW drive, the additional HDD and the RAMs to put it back into its 1.75GB running capacity.
Plans to buy a dual-core system are put on hold and I just have to make do with my faithful rig.
congrats are in order
Yes, congratulations are in order to Olga and Jasper for the birth of their twins, Jake and Jade last Tuesday via CS.
heard about the UP bill?
Read this in the newspaper a few weeks back and have been harassing my pal, Josh, who works at the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, to make sure he secures me the uncut ones if possible.
This is a special commemorative issue of the ube to celebrate the University of the Philippines' centenary. A special collectors piece features 4 uncut bills with a special message for UP. What makes this bill different from other hundred peso bills is the presence of the Oblation on the left of Manual Roxas. This is no phony money and you can actually use it for transactions. Only a few have been printed and cut and circulated so be in the lookout.
As for me, I'm waiting for Josh to secure me a sheet for a thousand moolah.
Image of U.P. bill taken from Flickr files of Pinoy Money Talk
simming
Unfortunately I haven't been Simming for a long, long time now. I think it's been roughly five months or more. The Sims 2 I secured from my sister last December are quietly rotting in one corner of the bedroom shelf as I have yet to really play them out.

Now that EA/Maxis has announced its forthcoming expansion Apartment Life, I have yet to snare myself a copy of the earlier expansion.
To be honest, the reason why I haven't bought yet the expansions like University, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage and Free Time is that I'm waiting for prices to go down. I'm waiting for reissues which will be cheaper :) Or, I'll wait until EA/Maxis releases a volume containing all or several of the expansions in one DVD. That'll be enough justification to cough up the money.
Incidentally, Sims has just launched its online store. You need to purchase Simolean points in order to purchase stuff you may want to add for your Simming.
The items for sale come from the different Stuff Packs, if I read the descrip correctly, so in essence, you now don't have to buy the entire stuff pack if you just want one item from that themed volume. Visit the store here: http://thesims2store.ea.com/
feeling like niknok
Do you remember Niknok?
If you didn't get to read Funny Komiks in the late 80s early 90s then you won't know Niknok.
Niknok is one of that local comics' more memorable characters who gets into trouble and gets out of it unscathed most of the time on a weekly basis (since Funny Komiks was a weekly then before going kaputz in the 2000s at the 'death knell' of the local komiks industry).
Why did I say I feel like Niknok? Because like Niknok who absolutely devours chicken especially listong manok, I've had chicken since yesterday morning.
Yesterday:
KFC Arroz Caldo with Chicken (breakfast)
Garlic Chicken (lunch at Friss Point)
Today:
Bugong Quarter Chicken Meal (breakfast)
Tsoko Nut's Chicken Roll (lunch)
The only break I had from poultry was last night's pork chop steak. In fact, this morning when I woke up, what my wife had for baon was fried chicken.
Who knows what will be served this evening when we arrive at Laguna :)