Monday, April 14, 2008

kill the sugar

The recent Annual Physical Exam results resulted in my immediate trek to the doctor's clinic last Saturday morning.

APE results in my urinalysis had showcased the presence of sugar -- a bad, bad thing according to the doc who I talked to about the APE results. According to him, for sugar to appear in one's urine, that means that person has a high level of sugar in the body. This of course is a no-brainer for what is to come if I don't lower my intake of sugar -- the dreaded D.

This morning, I went to MMC quite early to have a blood sample taken for sugar testing. That meant a fasting of at least 10-12 hours which started 8pm last night. Quite queasy and dehyrdated, I reported for my FBS this morning at 8:30am, some 30 minutes late according to the nurse on board but still ok to get a decent blood sugar result.

Results will come in on Wednesday and I will learn if I am a candidate for diabetes (I have a sweet tooth and have been a fan of confectionairy stuff since my first tooth).

Whatever the result, I need to drastically change my diet -- kill the sugar. That'll be my maxim, my motto, my mantra and alongside is an actual need to go on diet. Like what the beloved doc said last Saturday, reduce your weight and you'll reduce your sugar.

212 pounds now ... need to be somewhere between 140 to 160 pounds. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails