Last Saturday, I managed to acquire a copy of Lost: Season 3 which finished its run in the U.S. last May, guaranteeing that what I had was a copy with the complete episode (the copy I got actually had two extra features on the DVD).And once again, my wife and I are starting to get hooked. Last night, we slept past 12am already because we couldn't stop ourselves from watching episode after episode. What was supposed to be just a couple of episodes turned out to be 4 episodes and if it was not for work the following day, we would've done a marathon of what remains of the 24-episode series.
Despite the criticism I've read about the opening episodes of Lost which according to reads lost its sense of adventure and suspense, the first six episodes I've managed to watched wasn't really exciting or action-filled but nevertheless still managed to harken and call to my wife and I to push the play button one more time. If what I've read about is to be believed, from now on, the episodes of this 3rd season will only get better and better.
It's going to be a few nights of Lost dawning upon me but this series, despite the apparent setback in the earlier episodes of the 3rd season, continues to amaze, bewilder, and keep me up late at night.
Along this line, my DVDs of TV series continues to grow and somehow, there are still several series that need watching including Alias (all seasons), 24 (Seasons 1-5), 4400 (1st and 2nd Season), Rome (Season 1), Battlestar Galactica (Seasons 1-2) and CSI New York (Season 1-2).
And the search for more TV series continues. I'm still on the lookout for the following:
• CSI (the original CSI in Las Vegas)
• CSI: Miami
• Prisonbreak (Season 2)
• Heroes (episodes 16 -23 at least)
• Eureka (just managed to catch 1 episode of this but looks ok)
• Sopranos (great reviews so might be worth watching)
• 24 (the latest season)
• Star Trek: Enterprise (4 seasons which I still haven't found yet)
Just shows you how much of a coach potato I am especially if there's a good TV series to watch on the tube.