The DDOS attack hack affected our internet connection which also meant our online customers would’ve felt the attack as they would be disconnected from our service. And while that was going on, the hard drive failed and all of us were perpetually rendered with no access to our files and documents (unless of course you stored your files locally).
While our IT warriors have managed to fend off Mr. Hacker and brought internet speed back from turtle to cheetah, all of the office is still in the midst of almost doing nothing because no one can access internal files.
* * * * *
We have a new boss in marketing and despite his apparent cheerfulness and enthusiasm for the job, I think he’s beginning to feel the real culture of the office and it comes as some sort of shock to him.
His trying his best to ensure a proper system and protocols are followed but it’s clashing with how the company currently operates. As I told him during a talk with him on his second day, marketing in the company is very chaotic, organizationally and otherwise. I hope he does succeed in putting a proper system in place as that will make work easy for us.
* * * *
Aside from work, another event is drawing much of my attention these past few days hence the somewhat lethargic updating of this blog.
Ikai will be having her christening soon and my wife and I are in the midst of the hustle and bustle of preparing for the big day for our baby daughter.
Last Saturday we went to “counseling” with the UCCP pastor. As agreed by Elvie and myself, Ikai will be christened both as a Protestant and a Roman Catholic. After the counseling, we picked up Ikai and went to her pedia for her shots. Then after the hospital, we rushed to
Last Sunday we went to Divisoria to source and have produced giveaways for our would-be guests. So braving traffic, crowds, hawkers, and the blasted heat, my wife and I went somewhere in Divisoria Mall where the giveaway vendors had their stalls. After 30 minutes of selection and haggling with the stall owner we finally sealed the deal.
I’ve also been busy contacting our guests … Ikai’s Ninongs and Ninangs as well as other guests. Email, text, call … next step is actually mailing the invitations which I haven’t been able to do yet because of the work that needs to be done as well in the office.
Last Sunday evening, I also had to update Ikai’s blog for the sake of those people who wish to find out our preferences for gifts for our daughter, of which, we were happy to oblige.
And I still have a banner to design for the reception after the Christening!
* * * * *
But a blessing did come along the way.
I was commissioned by a kindergarten school to do their yearbook. It’s a specialized yearbook in that it’s not the usual stuff of yearbooks. The people I talk to want their yearbook to be “interactive”. So aside from the usual grad pictures of the kinder people, the yearbook was to contain puzzles and a crossword and a matching game and a find-the-word game.
Quite exciting actually to work on this and one major requisition of the project was a prominence of children-styled clipart.
* * * * *
Coincidences of coincidences.
It just so happened that my high school bud, Oliver and his wife, Jenny, also scheduled their son’s baptism as the same date as Ikai’s! And right now, it’s becoming one sort of a headache for common friends we both invited.
Yosef Gabriel will have his christening at Laguna while Rika Antoinette will have hers in
And if that wasn’t enough, an officemate of Elvie who is also known to Oliver and Jenny also scheduled her child’s christening on the very same day and at approximately the same time. This scenario in effect also is a headache to some of my wife’s guests who are also her (and my former) office-mates.
Cheers!