A funny bit of news posted on Yahoo.
Casino magnate Steve Wynn accidentally damaged his multi-million Picasso painting “Le Reve” (Dream) right after he just sold it for $139 million.
Wynn, owner of The Mirage and Bellagio in Las Vegas and Wynn Macau in Macau, was showing the painting to friends when the accident happened. Wynn accidentally had his hand too close to the painting and managed to poke through the middle of the canvass creating a coin dollar-sized hole in the painting. Funny was, Mr. Wynn just sold the painting to an unnamed buyer for $139 million.
Wynn suffers from retinitis pigmentosa, an eye disease that affects peripheral vision. Because of his inaccurate peripheral vision, Wynn probably didn’t realize he was standing too close to the precious painting.
The painting is a 1932 Picasso that depicts the painter’s mistress Marie-Therese Walter.
According to the news, Wynn has released the buyer from the deal and will keep the painting himself and have it repaired.
* * * * * *
Something helpful for advertisers who want to reach a targeted Pinoy demographic – advertise in Friendster!
Yes, you can advertise now to Filipinos who have accounts in the popular Friendster social networking website. Friendster allows your ad to appear to a specific demographic through the use of keywords. So, if your company is into trendy clothes for girls and you advertise in Friendster, you choose keywords such as “teen clothes”, “girlie apparel” and “teen shirts”. Then, you specify an age range and the network site will do the filtering for you.
Advertising in Friendster can be done through the Pinoy Exchange Forum. Companies who have done advertising already include HSBC and Nike. I’ll propose it in the marketing plan I’m currently developing.
* * * * * *
These days I am engrossed with NeoPets.
I’m still taking care of one pet, a Yurble named DRoyo, and trying my very darnest to earn as many Neopoints as I can. Neopoints are the currency in Neopia and are used for almost everything from buying food for your pet, playing some games, purchasing equipment and armor, and acquiring a land of your own to call home.
DRoyo is still a baby pet and recently had an illness called “Bubbles”. I was frantically trying to get hold of the “Bubbles Herbal Drink” but the price was too high. I followed a tip I encountered and just periodically brought my pet to the Healing Springs in Faerieland. After a dozen “Heal My Pets” clicks, the Healer Faerie finally blessed my pet and the “Bubbles” was gone.
Try your hand with a Neopet today!
* * * * * *
Last weekend I undertook several medical tests as part of the requisite for enrolment in my company’s HMO.
The good news … my cholesterol level is ok.
The bad news … my blood sugar level is on the brink. On the report, my FBS is a 6.0 mg/dL. Accordingly, the normal value for FBS should be between 3.58 mg/dL to 6.05 mg/dL. Plus, my triglycerides (produced when there is too much sugar intake) are over the mark which means I may be risking a heart disease or a stroke.
So, the simple solution, eliminate all sugars and switch to a low sugar diet. No more doughnuts and chocolates for the meantime until my sugar level lowers. Also, I mean to switch to artificial sweeteners for my coffee in the next few days.
* * * * *
Last weekend as well, my wife had her biophysical examination as required by our OB. The test was a somewhat more in-depth ultrasound that probed the baby’s condition at this point in the pregnancy stage.
The results were encouraging. Our little angel was quite healthy and the doctor who did the examination noticed nothing wrong with her development inside the womb. There’s a little discrepancy with the weeks as her report stated my wife was in her 33rd week while a week earlier, our OB noted she was in her 34th.
A consultation with the OB decided it’ll be best to follow the earlier ultrasound and at this moment, my wife is close to her 35th week. But we’re getting paranoid so we’ve decided to prepare early. All the things needed by our baby when she gets delivered is already packed and ready to go. This coming weekend, we’ll be packing our own stuff to bring to the hospital which will consist mostly of change of clothes.
A few more weeks and I’ll be a fully-pledged dada.
* * * * *
And speaking of the baby … Elvie has already made up a guest list for our daughter’s christening which we plan to hold within 3 months after her birth.
The list already details who the ninongs and ninangs will be plus all other guests. It’s already 80 people long but we think it’s still going to get longer as the days progress mainly because we haven’t really finished wracking our brains on who we haven’t listed yet.
My bet is that it’s going to go over a hundred people and it’s going to dig deep into the pockets.
Hmmm, anybody offering any sidelines? I offer my services affordably (chuckle).
* * * * *
I don’t like the new Nescafe.
The so-called “original” blend which is being retailed nowadays has a different taste although it’s just supposed to be a repackaging of the same formula that was being sold a few weeks back before all the old stock were replenished with the new ones.
Something is wrong with it. It tastes funny. Our office helper whose task it is to buy our coffee-fix every week swears it’s the only Nescafe non-decaf being retailed. I think she might be wrong because just last weekend I was over at Pure Gold in Tejeron, Makati and saw that alongside the “Original” blend, there is the “Classic” blend.
I definitely think the “Classic” is the Nescafe I’m used to and currently yearning for. Our helper has also mentioned someone in the office has mumbled to her to buy the coffee with the new packaging because this is the original. Yes, it does have the original label tacked to it but it’s not the Nescafe I like. There’s a coffee conspiracy brewing.
Next week I’m bring my Nescafe Taster’s Choice to the office.